Thursday, June 4, 2009

A Card for a Child


Here is a card that could be used for a little boy's birthday. I used Paper Doll Dress Ups for the rocking horse. It is one of the many extra's on this cart. This is a must have cartridge. I cut the rocking horse at 2.5 inches real dial size. I used three different papers to make him. Tan for the horse, Dark Brown for the tail, mane and rockers and a pattern paper for the saddle. I cut the cowboy hat smaller to fit on the head. I cut a large square to mount the horse on and then cut smaller squares to put across the top and bottom for a border. The squares looked to plain so I used my Studio G stamps to stamp the small images on the squares. The stamps were the perfect size and the stamps were from a boy's collection which is perfect for this card. I did some inking on the edges of the horse and then used a brown pen to do the stitch marks. I also inked all the edges of the squares with a black ink pad. Enjoy!

No comments: