Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Blog Award! and Gift Card Holders





I just received this award from FitterTwit  http://fundamentalchange.blogspot.com/. Just want to say a big thank-you for this award.

 Here is the front of some gift card holders I am making.
Here is the back of the holders.
Cartridges: Winter Frolic, Plantin SchoolBook, Create-A-Critter, Winter Woodland
Cardstock: Martha Stewart Christmas pack, K ans Co Christmas pack
Designed the holder in my gypsy. Used a square and sized it to10.34 inch wide by 5.48 high. I used the end cap feature on plantin schoolbook number 41 on the gypsy screen. Used that for the holder of the card inside the card.I scored the card at 2 inches on one side and 4 inches on the other side.
Used Brown ink for all the edges of the holders.
I cut decorative pieces for the front of the card to hide the flaps where the card goes. A cut out the saying from Winter Frolic at 4.16 inches wide by 2.73 inches high.
I added I rock gems to the letter F for decoration.
I tied a ribbon from the inside to the outside for decoration.
On the back of the holder I added the scallop circle from Winter Woodland cut at 2.5 inches and used the blackout feature and the shadow feature. It is for the snowflake but I wanted just the scallop circle.
I cut the reindeer from Winter Frolic at 2.00 inches and the other reindeer from create-a-critter at 2.00 inches. I added google eyes to the reindeer.
I think these look better then the ones you buy at the store. Enjoy!

    1 comment:

    FitterTwit said...

    You SOOOO deserve it! :)